Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Gender ambiguity of a name?

Unless you go with a name like Adam, Micheal, James, Thomas, William, Isaac, Cole......and so on you run into that risk. I have a niece named Aidyn, which is typically a boys name. My kids, even though i thought they were boys names, are uni. Devon, Logan, and Hayden. I think the -aden names are going to become uni due to the popularity they've had for males. Aidan, Hayden, and Jayden have already made the cross, so it's only a matter of time before Caden does. If you really like the name, I wouldn't worry about it. You can call him Cade, which is masculine. Just give him a strong male middle name just in case. my boys' middle names are Henry, James and Richard, that way they have a traditional male name to fall back on--should any of there names make that leap, and not return. I'm hoping my son Hayden is far enough ahead of the girl Hayden's it won't be an issue, he's two. As for Caden, it sounds masculine to me, but I haven't done so hot at it so far...., Whatever you decide Good Luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment