Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Feeling depressed after bad critique on my drawings. Advice please?

I'm 13. I'm in 8th grade. I'm enneagram type four. I've been known for totally bashing on myself when I do the wrong things. sometimes I start to cut myself (three scars on my wrist? I think I'm about to make it six... hope not...) I've been known for not being in the state of happiness and I was in a rut in the beginning of the school year. I hated myself for not being popular when everyone around me was. I felt imperfect. I felt I never belonged. I felt the world was such a super dark place and all of that. I was definitely in a rut, and I feel like I'm about to go back in it. I've always felt imperfect. there's this side of me that i feel is over hyper and annoys people, and i really wanted to control it. I use to hurt myself with a rubber band just to chain it. I don't do that anymore and I have gotten better at controlling it. There's this super depressed side of me that acts when I'm left alone. I don't talk. I can't do anything right. I hate and bash on myself the most. but it's also in this stage where I think a lot. My brothers, sister, and uncles have tried to help me a lot and they've told me useful things that I just can't carry out. I feel everyone hates me and I have no self significance. I have a lot of friends and my brother's so popular so some of his friends talk to me, but I can't say I got friends that will help me get over sad stuff completely. I could commit suicide right now and no one would cry when I know that that's not true. everyone says I have a dream life. my family is really rich. but what good is a 9 chaired movie theater with projector and 144sq in. screen when you lose your ability to live? I was having an awesome day today, until I read some critique on my drawings (deviant art account: animemefreak74). I never thought they were pro and I really wish that someone could help me out because there are so many things I'm not clear on. Before I began drawing 7 weeks ago, I totally felt insignificant and I had no self significance. there was nothing good about me, a lot to hate about me. drawing made me feel a lot better. Hearing this, I've lost my ability to carry on. I have been in a drawing rut for almost a week due to lack of practice. now I just, the future that eventually everything would improve and that I'd be able to draw great things has gotten so blurry now. I lost the ability to believe in myself. I can't live. I don't want to do anything. can't even practice. I'm drowning in a pool of failure and I need help to get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment