Saturday, November 5, 2011

Emotional reciprocity double standards between genders and gender identity?

That standard is enforced by mostly men while with most men. In other cases such (as with typically young women), we might find it more "sensitive", rather than "whiny". Although that does not mean that among women it is dissolved, but I do think that that standard is more acknowledged when socializing with fellow men. I believe because of the standard that men have set for themselves it is becoming more accepted in society. Granted there are some men and women who think that the standard is too harsh for a societal norm, and visverse. I am personally one of them. I think that a man who is too outgoing with his mannliness is generally regarded as stupid when compared to a man who is simply affected less by certain situations. I do not think society can escape this, becuase in order to do that we would have to stop caring about what other people think about ourselves. That, I believe anyway, is possible in an idividual, but not in an entire society. If this is something you personally struggling with, God bless, I'll pray for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment